Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Thin Red Line

Yes! A movie must have a plot otherwise what is the whole purpose of the movie. It's like when someone is telling a story without an ending and you're left sitting there with nothing wondering why you just wasted the last five minutes of your life for nothing. Without a plot I think Malick was unsuccessful with his vision. I think his ADD kicked in and he started having ideas pour into his brain and he tried to utilize them all with an end result that was horrible.

I think it is the responsibility of the filmmaker to create the expectations for the audience. In my experience I have seen movies that I was forced to watch that I didn't want to see and they ended up being great movies. The audience is there to be entertained and it is the directors responsibility to grab the audience's attention and entertain them.

No comments:

Post a Comment